Monday 13 August 2012

What's that funny feeling in my belly?

So for a couple of days I have had an unusual feeling in my belly.
Not nausea.
Not a 'poo belly' as my children like to say.
Not a tummy grumbling.
Not a sick feeling.

And then I realised what it is...

Hunger.

yep, it is that simple.

It has been so long since I haven't been stuffed full of a bowl of pasta the size of my skull or any multitude of portion-disabled deliciousness.
Now that I am actually accountable for every, single morsel that I consume, that there are moments, about 30 minutes or so before I eat, that I realise that I am really looking forward to feeding myself something yummy and appropriately sized.  And even though I am hungry, I eat and I am happy.  Happy because I can feel good about what I have eaten, and how much I have eaten. 

There is no missing out.  There is only choices.  And it makes me happy that I am making good choices.

I am on track for my exercise kms for the week, too.  I have decided not to go too hard on myself for run/walking instead of running every step. I am out there and I am doing it, still going the planned distance. I am moving. Everyday.  And there are times I don't want to but today's mantra was:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT, YOU JUST HAVE TO DO IT.


So there.

Gee I hope my HRM arrives tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment