Monday 27 August 2012

Last weekend before the challenge begins

We were off to Melbourne this weekend, a brief visit to have a grown up dinner with the Nigelator for our impending 14yr Wedding Anniversary, and to go to the footy on Sunday afternoon.

Dinner was lovely tapas, not particularly well portion controlled but delicious.  And nice to have a conversation.  The Nigelator is a good man, and I enjoy his company.  He makes me laugh and we are very intellectually compatible.  Sometimes this is on the level of fart jokes, sometimes world issues.  Always up for a debate, less so for feelings.  But so be it.  He's mine, for better or worse, and it's mostly better.

The Nigelator and the boys, 8.5yo pickle and 7yo curly, LOVE footy, and especially their beloved Kangaroos.  I am neither here nor there.   I joke that I am a member of the club for the sake of my marriage.  I have done the hard yards in our BC (before kids) days - making sandwiches, packing thermos' of hot chocolate and sitting watching. Zzzzz. But the blokes love it and so I will support them too. 

This game was the first for the goose, Miss 5.  She was very excited.  There was face painting and she chose a flower face, in blue and white, for the club colours.  Funny girl.

 
 
The ride home was exhausting
 

I do love their snuggly heads.  Probably transferring head lice back and forward.  So be it.


Pickle was fast asleep behind me.  Couldn't turn around to take his photo, but I do love him too.



 
Here is a photo, from another time, of the pickle in all his gorgeous, big toothed glory.  He is scrumptious.
 
 
 
So that's us,  nice quick weekend away.  And ready to start the first week of the challenge.  Go you good thing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment