Friday 10 August 2012

More 12WBT warm up challenges

Warm up challenge #2 was to Halve your non-water drink intake.

This has been an achievable one. I'm not much of a boozer, don't drink coffee (I love the smell, but have never had a cup of coffee, don't like it)only the occasional softy and we don't do juice because we have young children and we like it when they think we are REALLY mean because EVERYONE else has juice.

As I mentioned in the post for 12wbt warm up #1, tea is my vice, having had times in my life where my only fluid intake for the day is tea.  Sometimes I have had upwards of 10 cups a day. 

Now that I have capped my tea intake to 5 cups a day (going well btw, and sometimes managing only 4.  Yay me), I have an empty hand waiting for a bevvie.  So water it is, and all of a sudden, my non h2o intake is vastly reduced and h2o intake muchly improved. 

So WUC#2, done.  control that tea,  drink more water.  Problem solvered.


WUC #3 is Set yourself an exercise goal

I had a failed attempt at getting hold of a handmedown HR monitor this week.  I had hoped to avoid buying one but the 12WBT forums talk a lot about how great it is to be able to track that calorie expenditure so I think I shall have to purchase one.  I do love red, so will investigate whether the special Polar offer on the 12WBT page can get me a pretty red one, and jiggle the expenditure to be able to justify a purchase so soon after the expense of signing up to the challenge.

In the meantime, I can commit to an exercise goal.  This week I will run for 20 minutes 4 times and everyday I will do some more incidental exercise. Lets break it down into a plan...

Today - ride bike to shops with Miss L (5yo) to get groceries - 3km
Sunday - 30 min run +/- kids on legs and bikes (currently about 4.5km)
Monday - walk the kids to school and run home.  Then run back and walk them home - 4km run, 4km walk
Tuesday - 12km bike ride with husband. or alone.  whatever. I'm going.
Wednesday - walk/run school run  - 8km total again.
Thursday - 30 minute run
Friday - walk/run to dance classes with Miss L in the day time, then again with the boys, Mr S(7yo) and Mr N(8.5yo) - total 4km
Saturday - 30 minute run
So that's shaping up to be a good effort, that looks like 48.5km to me. 

Nice.  Got to make it happen though.  So planning and commitment are the key.  Keep me honest, friends. And don't be afraid to shove me.

No comments:

Post a Comment