Thursday 30 August 2012

update on the week so far

2 post in one day, can you tell that my computer was down and I have had an enforced break?

So I have lost a total of 8kg since I was first aware that I had turned into a boomba, May-ish, I think it was.  And I have lost 2 kg since signup to the 12WBT.

This is week one, and how has it gone?

Really well.  I have exchanged a few bits and pieces from the menu, and tried some things I wasn't sure of.

I went shopping on Monday, kid free and plenty of time to plan for the week.  I stumbled in to the supermarket meat section to find the butchers with their discount stickers and really cleaned up.

Turkey breast steaks (only 1cal per 1g, really lean)  were 30% off, so I made turkey steaks with ratatouille and spinach salad (+ pasta for man and kids) which was really yummy and a big hit with everyone.

They also had lamb cutlets reduced.  Into the freezer they went, and a tiny happy dance, because they are usually pretty expensive.  Also into the freezer went discounted kanga bangas (man, they are good) and some kangaroo mince.

The kangaroo pie was well received by all, but next time, I think I'd mix the kanga mince 50/50 with beef mince.  The soup was lovely and enjoyed by all that eat soup.
The fish pie was a tick for 2 of 3 kids, and the Nigelator, but curly and I didn't like it.  I don't like fish, but gave it a go because I am brave.  Next time, it'll be more of a ratatouille type fish stew and they'll all love it while I eat lettuce-y stuff. 

Well not really, there are such a lot of options to bang together quite quickly.  I am really impressed with how easy it is to stick to the calorie limit with good meal and snack options.

Now, I need to get of the 'puter and have a chat to my husband but before I go, there's one more thing.


Caramel rice cakes. OMG.  Really.  OMG.  36 calories of OMG-ness.  They are really sweet and yummy and filling.  I realise that they are not going to save the world, but they are worth knowing about. 

till next time, becc

1 comment:

  1. You have done so well so early in your transformation.

    And, oh yes, to the caramel rice cakes. Who knew I would voluntarily stick one of those polystyrene lookalikes in my gob?!

    ReplyDelete