Thursday 16 August 2012

Pre-Season Task #6 - Organise and Diarise

Woo, hello.  My favourite past time is to play diaries. 

I do paper diaries,
I do phone diaries sync-ed with outlook,
I do printed off monthly calenders starting on a Monday (because I do not like calendars that have Sunday at the beginning of the week.  Sorry, don't like it.),
and I have a big ol white board year view calender in the kitchen with 4 colours of white board pens and a chinagraph pencil (ooh, I love them too)

It is possible that I have chronic paralysis by analysis.  My pencils sharp, my desk cleared, my 'jobs' up to date, my children set up with worthy time occupying tasks, my husband occupied with his own stuff.  All set. To start.  Ok start.
But my washing needs sorting, and  I haven't had a look at those organising websites that I like for a while.  Maybe they have suggestions on how I might make my diary look better.  What about Kikki K,  I love them.  Maybe they have the perfect diary option. 
Oh, wait.  I already have that.

JFDI.  Have seen this on the forums a lot.  And being a Gen X kinda gal, took me a little while to work out what it meant.  But I get it now...golly gosh get on with it.  That's what it means.

And I understand.  Diary is great. Write down all the big days that could get me off track.  Factor in some milestones. And commit to exercise by writing it down.  And plan to shop and cook. And allow the 12WBT menu plan to guide you with menu planning.

But you have to DO it, not just plan it.

Put down the highlighter, or the mouse on the 'puter.  No more illuminating with different coloured text.  Write it and then do it. 

So that's it.  All the weeks are on my sync-ed calendars and I have committed to exercise sessions until the challenge starts, and I have done a meal plan for the same period. 

Also, I must commit to restricting my computer time. The biggest time sink of all. So, it will be 30 mins maximum, morning and evening. During that time, I must manage to check the paper, emails, blog, everyone else's blog, forum and respond if necessary.  No more checking email all day long.  Morning and night.  That's it. 

So here are my Mini Milestones.  My friend, Michelle, told me to commit to these too.

Week 4 Milestone - A big old beach walk with my family in Merimbula when we have a camping break.



This is them, minus my hubby of course, after the City2Sea last year.  They are fun and we are looking forward to whale watching and fishing and hanging out.  I will be wearing bathers too.  Adventures abound.

Week 8 Mini Milestone - New running shoes and new sports bras x2.

At the end of week 11, is the city 2 sea and I will also be participating in Relay for Life locally at the end of week 9.

Week 12 Milestone - Commit to booking weekend away with my husband. AND book in a weekend away in February with my bestie and my step-sies as a girly get away for my 40th.  AND buy a fabulous frock.

So that's me for today.   Off to put my sharp pencils and highlighter away.







3 comments:

  1. Excellent goals. Speshally love the last one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your milestone rewards...I'm definitely going to have to get me some of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I really like the idea of non weight/fitness rewards. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

      Delete