Saturday 4 August 2012

12wbt

So one of the main reasons for starting this blog is to journal my efforts for the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (known from here on as 12wbt, and Michelle will be known as MB). I have done little over the last 5 years to stop the upward movement of the scales and have come to acknowledge that I weigh  more than I am happy with.
A couple of months ago, I bought a MB cookbook, the Crunch time cookbook, and borrowed the Crunch time book from the library.  I proceeded to lose 3 kg very quickly by following a vague plan to eat less, count calories and exercise more without spending the money to join the 12wbt.  Then, after others noticed the beginnings of my change and payed up  and joined 12wbt, I, like many times before, lost interest and was entirely inconsistent with both food and exercise and  noticed no further weight loss.
Last week, however, I realised that $200 was a very small price to pay for a plan that appears to work.  I had been lurking around the 12wbt Facebook page and seeing many success stories and weekly weigh-in updates and decided that I was going to join up and change direction.
So here we are.  Tomorrow, I will blog about the preseason steps I have taken so far, and start working through the warm up tasks too. And I will be honest.  With myself, for the first time in a while.
Right now, however, it is time to kick my husband snoring away his golfing blues and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment