Saturday 11 August 2012

Warm Up Challenge #4 - Write down everything you eat

So this should be easy, right?

My fabulous bestie, in real life is Allie-cat.  And I love her dearly.  We are twins in many ways and have shared many a life changing event.  Allie-cat has recently lost 10kg.  She is super ace, she has been doing the curves thing and using MyFitnessPal, like such a lot of us have too.  And she just kept going.  See her here
We live apart, after many a year living close enough to pop in and love each other dearly.  I will talk more another day about reasons she is a person I love.
As she says in her most recent post, we planned a weekly ring in and weigh in and planned to lose the weight we didn't need.  I was working away with Michelle's cookbooks and Crunch Time book and intermittently using MyFitnessPal (MFP).  Ally was doing curves and MFP.
And off we went.  I lost 3 kg in 10 days.  Ally was dropping weight too.  And then I missed a ring in, and then I was working nightshift.  And then I was away.  But she kept going.  And a couple of weeks ago when I spoke to her she had lost 8kg.  And I didn't know how much I'd lost, or gained, because I had stopped looking.  Like all the other times.  And that's when I realised that I needed to do something.  Drastic.  I needed to DECIDE to keep going.

But Ally kept going and she is still going.  10kg now. And I can't be more thrilled for her.  And she made me see, as she put in  this post, writing down everything you eat is crucial.  It makes the kinda-sorta of  dieting alone seem silly.   I am not a dietitian, nor a scientist.  I need to write it down, or log it on MFP to know how much that serve chomped into my daily limit.  Want a can of coke?  Sure, but that's not going to leave you much left over.  Big mac?  No probs.  But be prepared to not eat for a while. 
Consequences and choices.  Just like a grownup.  Who would have thought?

1 comment:

  1. Not only all that you wise one, but it helped me sort out where my over eating was. Not in meals like I had thought, but for me it was snacking. Especially in the pre dinner rush. Bad bad snacking, so now I know it's a weak spot and I manage it better, factor in snacks cause I need them and do better at choosing.

    You are on your way girl, we'll keep the journey going together. xx

    ReplyDelete