Thursday 23 August 2012

Getting ready for week 1

So I am very excited to see that the meal plans and exercise plans and all the bits and pieces have been released on the 12WBT site for week one. 

Round 3 of the 12WBT starts on Monday.  It will be my first round but man, I've been lurking around the edges for such a long time.   I've been looking on the 12WBT facebook page, looking on the 12WBT site  and playing with Michelle's books.

Now that it's all starting, it feels like I've been asked to join in with the cool kids at school. I was never asked to join in with them.  I feel a bit of a fraud.

not me, but this was how much of high school was for me.
 
 

I took 5 minutes at work to commit a bit of white collar crime last night - printing out of all the week one stuff at work.  Shhhh, don't tell the government.  The food plan, the food diary, the recipes and some extras to substitute for the fishy things (I don't do fish - an 'all in my head' issue), and the exercise plans.  It was a lot of paper.


And of course with it, came conflict.  Less about the white collar crime and more about responses I have received from others... it all looks fabulous and there were requests to make copies for others. So conflict -
  • I want to make others happy and be a sharer. I grew up as an only child.  I spend a lot of time trying to prove that I can share well with others.
vs
  • I've paid up and have committed. You want it?  Go do it yourself.  And besides that Michelle wants me to be honest and show integrity.  She'd be very disappointed in me
I want happy Michelle

Not disappointed Michelle


So I encouraged my friends to join up.  And I invited them to eat at my house if they wanted to try the food.  Nice weasel words, BeccyB.



And so, out of respect for my love of lists and stationary, I now have a pretty green folder with my Michelle things in it.  And it's all hole punched and smooth. 

I'll be needing dividers I think.  Surely I will. 



Since I have only just arisen from my sleeping beauty slumber of nightshift and rejoined the week of humans, I shall wait until tomorrow morning for weigh and measure for the 'Measure Up', the last of the preseason tasks. 

I will also be taking my before photos.  I have decided not to post them here, but will consider a modified more dignified posting of before and after at the end of the 12 weeks. 

In the meantime, here's some little giggles for you



The word aerobics came about when the gym instructors got together and said, "If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it jumping up and down." ~Rita Rudner
I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing. ~Marsha Doble

There are really only two requirements when it comes to exercise. One is that you do it. The other is that you continue to do it. ~The New Glucose Revolution for Diabetes by Jennie Brand-Miller, Kaye Foster-Powell, Stephen Colagiuri, Alan W. Barclay
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy or disappointed Michelle, I want those guns!! (And most probably, abs and arse.)

    Good on you, make those tight wads do their own work and pay for the journey, not just scam it out of you. If they were really serious they'd put their money and fat bums on the line! Besides, that was enough white collar thievery for one day, don't you think?!

    ReplyDelete