Thursday 16 August 2012

blogging

As you would know, the main reason for me to stat blogging, now as opposed to any other time was to journal my experiences as I work through the Michelle Bridges 12WBT.

And an unexpected pleasure that I have gained is by connecting with others through our mutual blogging.  I love to read about others on their paths' too and it gives me a real buzz when I see that someone that I feel that I know (through their blog, or in real life) has been reading mine too and has chosen to make a comment.

The blog-osphere is so interesting. I love adding everyone I see on the forums onto my reading list to keep up with new posts and see how everyone is going...already some with weight loss, others facing challenges in their family lives, some facing self doubt, and many enthusiastic about the work they've done in preseason and warm up and ready to go.

And if I like what I read, or someone has said something that appeals to me, I really like to comment, so they know that I am reading and hearing what they have to say.


Many of us are blogging in a journalling type way, treading our own paths to find our own successs.And many of us would never have thought that anyone else would find the things we write to be interesting or relevant.

But I have found the things my team mates are writing about to be straight from the heart. There are people blogging that I really identifying with - we might have a similar age, weight ,family structure, profession or work hours or sense of humour. There are others that I seem to have nothing in common with, but their words as they commence this journey really speak to me.

And I love it. And it helps me to keep going too.

 So if I have a look at your blog, I'll comment, because I'd like you to know you are not alone.
And if you like what I have to say, I'd love you to do the same.

Good luck everyone. And lets use each other, our team mates, to stay on track.

4 comments:

  1. Good plan. My only recommendation? Take off the word verification thingy, it'll encourage people to comment more, because that thing is friggen annoying - especially now with two to do! If you put a notification on to be emailed when you get a comment you can weed out spam that way. Blogger is already pretty good out outspamming stuff, and since I took it off mine I get occasional spambot comments but not too many I need to remove myslef, blogger does most of it for me. Try it, if you hate it you can always put the word verification back on.

    My 2c blogging lecture for today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alliecat. Have removed the verification thingy. Seems all of my new bloggy friends have that too, must be a new bloggy trap.
    Thanks for the words of wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the word verification thingy? I may need to look at that!

    Nice blog Beccy - I'm sure you'll see more of me around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MzClaire, it's the letters and numbers 'prove you're not a robot' thing that comes up when you post a reply on someone's blog. You can remove it by going into your blogger settings.
      Thanks for your comments.

      Delete